4.09.2012

April 5 and 6

The park down the street from us, that we have been going to for 5 years is falling into disrepair, and so instead of fixing it the Park District just ripped down some of the structures. hhmm. There is also a vacant lot next to the park and the neighbors have been plotting, and politic-ing to get the land made into a communal garden space, or just expand the park.

Last week we found out that the land has been put up for sale. Here come the neighbors rallying together to stop the sale! I was asked to do some sort of logo for "the cause". Here are some rough sketches. I need some feedback.

I've kept the images simple and child-like as the parks are for our children. I've anchored the image around "neighborhood", and the fact that the park is next to the river.


this one is collaged using crayon scribbles on paper.

This one is inspired by Scandinavian drawings using pattern within the elements of the drawing. I have a lot more like this, but haven't taken any photos of them yet.

Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. this is so interesting. what a way to use your art for the greater good! and, i'm fully inspired at how woven you are into the community there.

    for the images, i like both but i responded more strongly/vividly to the black and white one. its starkness is a nice contrast to the playful setting and gives a good jolt. also - makes someone perk up and take notice, which is what i think you want to evoke in a campaign like this. the softer colors may send a 'soft' message. just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is interesting because when you showed me the first image, I loved it--and I still do. But now, seeing it next to the black and white one, I feel much more drawn to the second one. I agree with Danielle that it conveys a stronger message. It says, "pay attention to us!"

      Delete