4.21.2012

more cutting and boldness

I haven't posted in a few days as my activity has been spotty. I have tried to make a small foray into the studio each day, but it's been in 20 minute increments here and there. I did these three over the course of four or five days (nights really). 


I love how the patterns interact and push your perception, but I feel myself getting cautious again and not wanting to do it "wrong". I need to be bold as I was when I made the "pulsing heart" (thanks Ann VZ who coined it) collage. Help me be bold! I am approaching a deadline and that is making me doubly cautious, so hopefully if I can squeeze a longer time in the studio I can push a little harder at these and not go for the easiest option.

2 comments:

  1. Your inner inclinations are spot on with this stuff, Jo! I sense that you are on a precipice; jump! you've been made free. I, too, love the way the patterns overlap--very Escher-like? It draws me in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm, it's delicious. I want to be a miniature person and climb through it, i feel like I'd be in bemused awe. keep on keeping on, agree with Charlotte, you're on a precipice, don't stop. you can do it. xx

    ReplyDelete